In today’s episode, we talk to Maria Botham, the Founder and CEO of The Loop Village, a unique online community created for older adults. Botham created The Loop Village with her cofounder after realizing the effect that isolation from COVID-19 was causing in seniors. She talks more about the ideas behind The Loop Village, as well as how the special online space is changing how older adults socialize as they age at home.
In this episode we discuss:
- What The Loop Village is and how it came about
- The Loop Village’s unique design
- How socialization through The Loop Village can help older adults
Below are some highlights from our conversation:
- [1:30] – Learn what The Loop Village is exactly and how it’s set up to help seniors.
- [4:40] – Discover The Loop Village’s team strategy for helping seniors navigate technology to experience The Loop.
- [6:50] – What are Maria’s favorite things The Loop offers?
- [10:30] – Discover how The Loop Village can make sure older adults never eat alone again.
- [12:30] – Socialization – why is it so important for seniors?
- [15:15] – Learn how The Loop Village companions help the participating seniors.
After listening to this episode, I think that, like me, you’ll have a better understanding of just how special The Loop Village has been during one of the most isolating times in our recent history. I also think you’ll walk away with a stronger idea of how important socialization is as we age at home and how innovative spaces like The Loop Village can truly make that an exciting and engaging possibility for older adults.
You can listen to today’s episode here, or on Apple Podcasts, Google, YouTube or wherever you listen to podcasts.
To learn more about how professionals like Maria Botham are helping to make sure that seniors and the home care field are not being left out of technology and all its possibilities, listen to my interview with Emma Dickison, CFE, CSA, president and CEO of Home Helpers Home Care. In that episode, Dickison explains other ways that technology is evolving and working with home care to enrich the lives of seniors as they age at home as independently as possible.
If this episode has been helpful, be sure to leave a five-star review and share the podcast with your friends to help us in the national effort to educate about home health care options! You can connect with me, Merrily Orsini, on Twitter @MerrilyO.
The Help Choose Home podcast series is a collaborative effort by Axxess, the National Association for Home Care and Hospice (NAHC), and corecubed to educate the public about the many benefits of the in-home care industry, which includes non‑medical home care, private duty nursing care, medical home health, hospice, and other in‑home health and wellness services.
Access the full Help Choose Home podcast library.
Rate, Review and Subscribe
The Help Choose Home podcast series provides information and resources to help those with a care need learn more about healthcare at home. Podcasts are hosted by Merrily Orsini, Founder/Board Chair of corecubed, a marketing firm dedicated exclusively to helping aging care providers grow their business.