John Olajide, founder and CEO of Dallas-based Axxess, the leading home health care technology company in North America, has a vision of making quality home health care options accessible to people all over the world. This vision is integrated into everything John does and shapes the corporate culture of Axxess. In addition, John serves as chair of the board for the Dallas Regional Chamber, working with local leaders to drive growth and innovation in the local community.
In today’s episode of Help Choose Home, John and I speak about his vision and the important role healthcare at home plays in helping people remain in the place that is most important to them: home.
In addition, we discuss:
- The history and evolution of healthcare at home
- How cloud-based software makes healthcare at home safe and accessible
- The important role of leadership in the home health care industry
- Lessons learned about COVID-19
Below are some highlights from our conversation
- [1:30] John outlines the future of healthcare in the home and how it has evolved.
- [3:45] Learn about the importance of leveraging technology to increase access to quality health care.
- [5:10] Discover how a cloud-based mobile enabled platform makes healthcare safe and responsive.
- [7:00] John explains how quality healthcare services can impact people everywhere, by meeting a full range of needs.
- [8:00] John details how powerful software can help streamline high-quality care and day-to-day operations.
- [9:15] John outlines the critical role of having the right people with the right skills at the right time.
- [13:00] Learn how the role of leaders, especially during a crisis, are critical in establishing a culture where communication and collaboration are prized.
- [14:15] Learn what leaders want to protect.
- [16:00] John explains the lessons he has learned during COVID-19 and what consumers can learn from these insights.
- [18:30] John shares why it’s important to lean in on technology.
After listening to today’s episode, I think that you’ll come away with a deeper understanding of the critical role healthcare at home plays in the lives of people, and how evolving technology is providing greater healthcare access for people across the globe.
You can listen to today’s episode here, or on Apple Podcasts, Google, YouTube or wherever you listen to podcasts.
To learn more about the exciting future of healthcare at home, and the many ways technology is making care at home accessible to more people, listen to my interview with Laurie M. Orlov. Laurie is the founder of Aging in Place Technology Watch, a company that provides market research, analysis and guidance about technologies and services to help older adults remain in their homes safely and for longer amounts of time.
If this episode has been helpful, be sure to leave a five-star review and share the podcast with your friends to help us in the national effort to educate about home health care options! You can connect with me, Merrily Orsini, on Twitter@MerrilyO.
The Help Choose Home podcast series is a collaborative effort by the National Association for Home Care and Hospice (NAHC), Axxess, and corecubed to educate the public about the many benefits of the in-home care industry, which includes non-medical home care, private duty nursing care, medical home health, hospice, and other in-home health and wellness services.
Access the full Help Choose Home podcast library.
Rate, Review and Subscribe
The Help Choose Home podcast series provides information and resources to help those with a care need learn more about healthcare at home. Podcasts are hosted by Merrily Orsini, Founder/Board Chair of corecubed, a marketing firm dedicated exclusively to helping aging care providers grow their business.