In today’s episode of Help Choose Home, we’re joined by Brent Korte, chief home care officer of EvergreenHealth. He’s also an active member of the National Association for Home Care and Hospice.
In this episode we discuss:
- How virtual care options are making home care even more viable than before
- The “hospital at home” initiative and how it’s revolutionizing the way vulnerable populations receive health care
- The ways the National Association for Home Care and Hospice is working towards greater equity in health care
Below are some highlights from our conversation:
- [2:54] Brent reflects on how the COVID-19 pandemic has changed the landscape of home care.
- [4:27] Discover the drivers behind the health care economy in the United States.
- [7:25] Learn how virtual care and new technologies are augmenting home care.
- [10:02] Brent discusses how hospital treatment and in-home healing complement each other.
- [10:47] Discover what the “hospital at home” initiative is, and how it can help acutely ill seniors in the home while saving money.
- [12:36] Learn about Brent’s work with the National Association for Home Care and Hospice, and how they’re working towards greater equity in health care.
- [16:38] Brent assures listeners who are curious about home care that the industry is innovating at a rapid pace.
- [17:34] Learn why you can expect your loved one to receive home care longer, and how home care can help individuals live longer and healthier lives.
After listening to today’s episode, I think that like me, you’ll come away with a greater understanding of the ways home health care is adapting to the needs of clients in an increasingly digitized, post-pandemic world. You may even be inspired to talk with your loved ones about choosing home care, and making plans that will allow them to live fuller lives.
You can listen to today’s episode here, or on Apple Podcasts, Google, YouTube or wherever you listen to podcasts.
To learn more about how the pandemic has changed the landscape of health care, listen to my interview with Sheila McMackin, a licensed clinical social worker, founder of Wellspring Personal Care, and founder and past president of the Home Care Association of America. Learn the best ways to search for safe and effective home care, and discover more about the centrality of relationships and personal trust in the home care industry.
If this episode has been helpful, be sure to leave a five-star review and share the podcast with your friends to help us in the national effort to educate about home health care options! You can connect with me, Merrily Orsini, on Twitter@MerrilyO.
The Help Choose Home podcast series is a collaborative effort by the National Association for Home Care and Hospice (NAHC), Axxess, and corecubed to educate the public about the many benefits of the in-home care industry, which includes non‑medical home care, private duty nursing care, medical home health, hospice, and other in‑home health and wellness services.
Access the full Help Choose Home podcast library.
Rate, Review and Subscribe
The Help Choose Home podcast series provides information and resources to help those with a care need learn more about healthcare at home. Podcasts are hosted by Merrily Orsini, Founder/Board Chair of corecubed, a marketing firm dedicated exclusively to helping aging care providers grow their business.