In today’s episode, we talk to Dr. Jay LaBine, Chief Medical Officer for naviHealth, about his work in value-based, senior-focused, post-acute care. With a medical career spanning over many years, Dr. LaBine’s work with naviHealth centers around implementing programming that helps advocate for patients as they transition from receiving care in hospital or rehabilitation facilities to care at home. Through the lens of his work, he explains how patients can benefit from naviHealth’s efforts.
In this episode we discuss:
- naviHealth’s care model
- How Dr. LaBine got started in his career
- How naviHealth’s services and Dr. LaBine’s work can make the care transition experience easier for patients
Below are some highlights from our conversation:
- [1:45] Learn about naviHealth and how they support patients.
- [3:05] Discover the care model behind naviHealth and the benefits it has for patients.
- [4:50] Learn the three components of the care model naviHealth uses.
- [9:00] What does it mean to be a value-based care organization?
- [10:39] How can consumers find out if they are eligible for naviHealth’s services?
- [14:20] Discover how Dr. LaBine started his long-standing career in the healthcare field.
- [19:40] How successful have naviHealth’s care models been?
After listening to today’s episode, I think, like me, you’ll have a better understanding of how the services naviHealth provides can impact the transition from facility care to home care in a way that makes it easier on patients and their families. You’ll also get a chance to hear how healthcare professionals like Dr. LaBine are advocating for patients behind the scenes and constantly pushing the envelope of patient-focused care.
To learn more about how healthcare professionals like Dr. LaBine are putting patients first, listen to my interview with Dr. Michael Fratkin, CEO and founder of ResolutionCare, where he explains how seeing patients as people and not their conditions can make a difference in the healthcare field.
If this episode has been helpful, be sure to leave a five-star review and share the podcast with your friends to help us in the national effort to educate about home health care options! You can connect with me, Merrily Orsini, on Twitter @MerrilyO.
The Help Choose Home podcast series is a collaborative effort by Axxess, the National Association for Home Care and Hospice (NAHC), and corecubed to educate the public about the many benefits of the in-home care industry, which includes non‑medical home care, private duty nursing care, medical home health, hospice, and other in‑home health and wellness services.
Access the full Help Choose Home podcast library.
Rate, Review and Subscribe
The Help Choose Home podcast series provides information and resources to help those with a care need learn more about healthcare at home. Podcasts are hosted by Merrily Orsini, Founder/Board Chair of corecubed, a marketing firm dedicated exclusively to helping aging care providers grow their business.