In today’s episode of Help Choose Home, we welcome Michelle Woodbrey, CDP, CSA, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder of 2Sisters Senior Living Advisors. Founded in 2011, 2Sisters Senior Living Advisors offers referral and coaching services to older adults and their families who are exploring aging care options.
Michelle, and her co-founder sister, Alyson Powers, have deep career experience in the senior care industry, both in administrative roles and in hands-on care. Michelle and Allyson grew up in the senior care industry, following in their father’s, Mark Tobin’s, footsteps. Mark had a distinguished career in long-term care administration and certainly planted the seed that grew into a passion and career path for both Michelle and Alyson. Together, Michelle, Alyson and the rest of the 2Sisters Senior Living Advisors team work to help families navigate the care options available for senior loved ones, empowering them to establish a plan that meets care needs and goals.
In this episode we discuss:
- How senior living advisors help families make important decisions about care
- What it takes to make aging in place a viable option
- The importance of both a plan and a support system
- The costs associated with aging care
Below are some highlights from our conversation:
- [1:22] Learn about Michelle’s role at 2Sisters Senior Living Advisors
- [2:16] Michelle explains the process of helping families plan for care and identifying goals for care
- [3:15] Discover the importance of having a plan to help seniors remain at home successfully
- [4:30] Learn the 5-part plan that helps seniors age in place
- [7:00] Michelle explains the financial considerations associated with care and how to weigh those
- [11:00] Michelle explains what may tip the scales when considering home care vs facility-based care
- [12:05] Learn how 2Sisters Senior Living Advisors helps older adults remain at home throughout the aging process
- [13:55] Beyond having a plan, Michelle explains another important factor that’s important to successfully aging at home
After listening to today’s episode, I think that like me, you’ll be inspired by the many possibilities that home care offers not only to help improve the lives of those who choose care at home, but also on the health care system and the wider community.
To learn more about the ways in which care at home has evolved and how now, even complex medical diagnoses can be managed successfully at home, listen to my interview with Jamie Summerfelt, M.Ed, MSPT, president and CEO of Visiting Nurse Association (VNA) in Omaha, Nebraska. Jamie explains how the home care industry is ideally situated to care for seniors with a variety of care needs, helping them remain at home and in their communities.
If this episode has been helpful, be sure to leave a five-star review and share the podcast with your friends to help us in the national effort to educate about home health care options! You can connect with me, Merrily Orsini, on Twitter@MerrilyO.
The Help Choose Home podcast series is a collaborative effort by the National Association for Home Care and Hospice (NAHC), Axxess, and corecubed to educate the public about the many benefits of the in-home care industry, which includes non-medical home care, private duty nursing care, medical home health, hospice, and other in-home health and wellness services.
Access the full Help Choose Home podcast library.
Rate, Review and Subscribe
The Help Choose Home podcast series provides information and resources to help those with a care need learn more about healthcare at home. Podcasts are hosted by Merrily Orsini, Founder/Board Chair of corecubed, a marketing firm dedicated exclusively to helping aging care providers grow their business.