During today’s episode of Help Choose Home, we welcome Jeff Bevis, founder and CEO of FirstLight Home Care, which provides non-medical home care through its franchises in 35 states, plus the District of Columbia. Jeff is passionate about providing the highest level of service in the industry, through client satisfaction, caregiver retention and low caregiver turnover.
In my discussion with Jeff, he highlights many of the ways home care agencies are meeting the challenges of the pandemic head on and how the status of home care has been elevated during these past six months, as more people learn about the industry and there is a heightened need for experienced, professional delivery of care in the comfort and safety of home.
A few of the topics we discuss in this episode include:
- The increasing demand for and benefits of at home senior care
- Why it’s important to have a commitment to customer service
- Options to pay for home care services
Here are some highlights from our conversation:
- [2:00] Jeff explains how a non-medical home care agency keeps clients and caregivers safe during the pandemic.
- [5:00] Learn about the role and benefits of telehealth during the pandemic.
- [7:50] Jeff discusses how caregivers are specially trained to meet the unique needs of all clients.
- [9:00] Learn why client feedback and customer satisfaction surveys are such powerful tools.
- [10:00] Jeff explains the many options to cover home care costs.
- [13:20] Jeff looks to the future of home care and explains how the pandemic has elevated home care to be a solution for families and individuals.
- [15:45] Jeff explains how education about home care is critical to its growth and acceptance.
- [17:45] Jeff reveals FirstLight Home Care’s impressive caregiver retention rate and how they consistently achieve this.
- [19:30] Jeff explains why home care is important to him personally.
- [21:00] Learn how home care is prepared to meet the needs of all people.
After listening to today’s episode, I think that you’ll come away with a deeper understanding of the many ways in which home care can help families, and most importantly, older adults who overwhelmingly desire to age at home.
You can listen to today’s episode here, or on Apple Podcasts, Google, YouTube or wherever you listen to podcasts.
To learn more about the many factors that go into choosing a home care agency to help care for a senior loved one, listen to my interview with Matt Hughes, Vice President of Business Development for the Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC). Matt discusses the importance of accreditation in helping families partner with an agency that is delivering the highest levels of care.
If this episode has been helpful, be sure to leave a five-star review and share the podcast with your friends to help us in the national effort to educate about home health care options! You can connect with me, Merrily Orsini, on Twitter@MerrilyO.
The Help Choose Home podcast series is a collaborative effort by the National Association for Home Care and Hospice (NAHC), Axxess, and corecubed to educate the public about the many benefits of the in-home care industry, which includes non-medical home care, private duty nursing care, medical home health, hospice, and other in-home health and wellness services.
Access the full Help Choose Home podcast library.
Rate, Review and Subscribe
The Help Choose Home podcast series provides information and resources to help those with a care need learn more about healthcare at home. Podcasts are hosted by Merrily Orsini, Founder/Board Chair of corecubed, a marketing firm dedicated exclusively to helping aging care providers grow their business.